Family clients often come to me when facing:
- Frequent fighting or conflict.
- Loss of closeness.
- Behavior challenges in and out of school.
- Recovery from:
- trauma (physical or emotional)
- major physical and/or mental illness.
- Blending families and co-parenting challenges after divorce.
The primary model I employ for families is Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), within an overall Family Systems Theory framework. These evidence-based models helps get to the bottom of underlying issues which create friction in relationships, so that conflicts can be addressed at their source, rather than going around and around in endless, unresolved cycles.