Individual clients typically come to me when facing these types of issues:
- Panic attacks.
- Mood swings.
- PTSD symptoms of all kinds, including those listed above and:
- jittery feelings
- anger and irritation
- spaciness, numbness, listlessness, etc.
- Recovery from:
- trauma (physical or emotional)
- major physical and/or mental illness.
- Dealing with relationship issues.
- Grief and loss.
- Resolving old wounds.
- Finding meaning in life.
- Coping with ongoing career stress, especially in dangerous, high-stress careers such as:
Models and Approaches
For individual clients, I customize an integrated approach aligned with my client’s needs. I start by creating safety and a solid working relationship, then teach skills to calm and balance the nervous system. From there, we work on strengthening personal boundaries. Many people find great relief and satisfaction working up to this stage and no further. However, if desired, we can also dive deep and resolve old wounds if they continue to create symptoms which are difficult to manage or trouble you in some other way.
Theories, techniques and modalities I employ include Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems (IFS), Trauma Dynamics (TD), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) with a special focus on mindfulness practices, Attachment Theory, Family Systems Theory, Feminist Theory, Narrative Therapy, Experiential Therapy in general and Gestalt Therapy in particular.